The team put in some great results on the weekend of 18/19th May:
– Tara Grosvenor finished 4th overall and first non-elite female at Challenge Heilbronn in 4:34
– Tanya Patient won her age group at the ETU qualifiers at Eton in 1:09 whilst Lizzie Clegg finished 7th in age group in 1:26 and Dave Gill 4th in age group in 1:14; both Dave and Tanya qualify for the European Championships in Sweden!!
– Andy Johnson completes the Enduroman half in 7:06 whilst Mark Doolan withdrew from the double event having completed over 120 miles on the bike
– new member Alex Butterworth was 2nd in age group and 11th female at the Stratford upon Avon sprint
– Lindsey Lyes was 2nd in age group at Outlaw Nottingham 1/2 in 5:08, Steven Rowley 5:16, Sara Carter 6:52 see pictures
– John Longmuir was 10th in age group at Southport standard distance in 2:25
– a great turnout at the 51 fiver standard distance saw Dave Nield win his age group in 2:14, Tom Sawyer 2:26, Scott Booth 2:30, Martin Hobson 2:33, new member Dean Carslake 2:45, Charles Harris 2:48, Phoebe Davies 3:10.
Well done everybody!
To all those who have entered the TTG City of Gloucester Triathlon this coming Sunday 26th May thank you! We have lots of you racing in both the super sprint and sprint events and the weather looks good to make it a good day of racing and fun for all involved.
We will be emailing your race numbers and start times out on Friday and will also post them on Facebook and this website.
Good luck to everyone on the day, the TTG Race Committee
TTG entered five teams of 4 into the National Relays a few weekends back with all five teams having good fun and to crown it all our vets team won their age group! There a great report in Tri247 https://www.tri247.com/triathlon-news/event-news/club-relays-2018-roundup
Meanwhile at Ironman 70.3 Vichy Tara Grosvenor was the fastest age grouper and 14th female, just seconds behind the 13th place professional athlete!
The committee has decided to commission new awards for the winners of the annual club championships which this year will take place on Saturday 18th August at the Bredon’s Hardwick Triathlon hosted by Tewkesbury Triathlon Club.
There will be a trophy for first male and female club member in addition to one awarded in the handicap race – so this could go to anyone!
We will be launching our popular SwImprover course on 27th June 2018. This is a ten week course taking place on Wednesdays at 8pm at GL1 sports centre, Gloucester. It’s designed for reasonably competent swimmers who wish to improve their efficiency and speed. Previous attendees have noted major improvements so if you want to improve your swimming join up here https://www.entrycentral.com/ttgswimprover
Thanks to all competitors, volunteers and service provider we had a great day last Sunday.Results can be found here 2018 TTG Gloucester Triathlon Results
#51Fiver Cotswold Standard Distance Tri – Photo by www.charleswhittonphotography.com
It’s just a few days to the race on Sunday 27th May. We aim to email out start times and race numbers on Friday 25th May. Results will also be posted on this website.
The race is almost sold out so we should have a great atmosphere. We’ll have on site catering from Sweeney’s, massage from Owensis, bike maintenance courtesy Velo Vitesse, medical cover from My Skills for Life, Race Timing from Rogueracer and photography care of Charles Whitton.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the first male & female in each of the age groups with a first prize of a spa day for two being awarded to the first male & female overall. We will also be awarding spot prizes – a free entry to Tewkesbury Tri Club’s open water sprint race for the fastest competitor through T1, meal vouchers for Gloucester’s premiere Indian restaurant – Polash and much more.
As its the club’s 20th anniversary we will be giving out commemorative tee shirts to all competitors whilst all finishers will receive a bespoke medal.
We hope you enjoy the race!
Tri Team Glos Tri 28.5.17 www.triteamglos.co.uk
Our race will be on Sunday 27th May 2018 with both a sprint and supersprint option, entry via our “races” page
The next TTG SwimProver course starts on 23rd August 2017. Feedback from our current trainees has been really positive with them all confirming that their swim and open water technique has improved! So don’t delay – sign up today for our next instalment starting on 23rd August. Ten lessons for £65. https://www.entrycentral.com/ttgswimprover
This course is open to non-members