With the government relaxing Covid 19 restrictions our sports governing bodies have issued guidance which allows us to resume group and coached sessions. We had already been hosting open water swims which has proven very popular. We intend to resume group rides imminently and coached running sessions in early August.
Just before lockdown the club had an afternoon at Newport Velodrome with coaching from PDQ cycle coaching. It was a great session and we have plans to return when the centre reopens.
Despite the lockdown TriTeamGlos continues to operate albeit virtually. We have twice weekly coached Turbo sessions via Facebook live, regular coached stretching sessions and a virtual team duathlon where we’re competing in teams of 4 to see who can accumulate the most miles whilst staying within the Government guidelines – lots of our members are making good use of turbos and treadmills despite the fine weather!
Roll up, roll up, we are starting another of our fantastic “SwImprover” courses for non-members on Wednesday 26th February 2020 at GL1. Ten weeks of quality coaching from a British Triathlon level 2 coach for just £70. Sign up here
Given the latest advice and guidance from Government and sporting bodies we have taken the decision to cancel our event scheduled for the 24th May 2020. We are hoping to reschedule later in 2020 and will be in touch to communicate this in due course. We understand the disappointment this may cause but we must do the right thing for the safety and well being of all competitors, spectators and volunteers.
Ever wanted to take up Triathlon? Why not join our GO TRI Tri February session? The session will involve a coached run and swim session – you don’t have to be super-fast to join in, all we ask is that you can swim two lengths of a 25m pool.
The session will be held at Gloucester Leisure Centre GL1, Bruton Way, Gloucester GL1 1DT between 6.30 and 9.00pm on Wednesday 19th February 2020. The sessions will be free but we invite voluntary donations of £5 to cover the hire of the pool.
If you’d like to get involved please email us before 15th February 2020
At the suggestion of the kind landowners who let us use their lake for swimming we were delighted to make a donation to 1st Newent Scout Group today from our open water swim contributions – hope the youngsters put it to good use!
Many of our followers will recall that the club donates a portion of the annual race profits to charity; this year the chosen charity is the Midlands Air Ambulance. This has particular significance as it was the Air Ambulance and crew that were pivotal in looking after John Holland when he had a dreadful crash whilst out on a group ride nearly three years ago.
Fittingly on Saturday John led a Tri Team Glos group ride to the Midlands Air Ambulance base at Strensham where we were able to hand over the donation to the wonderful crew of the MAA.
Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for this coming Sundays, 2019 City of Gloucester Sprint Triathlon.
Here are the instructions and race numbers, start times for this year’s TTG 2019 City of Gloucester Triathlon.
Please read the instructions carefully and register one hour before your start time. Good luck on the day!
2019 Competitor Race Information Sprint
2019 Competitor Race Information Super Sprint
Start Times Email Start List Times
We are looking forward to welcoming competitors and supporters alike.
The team put in some great results on the weekend of 18/19th May:
– Tara Grosvenor finished 4th overall and first non-elite female at Challenge Heilbronn in 4:34
– Tanya Patient won her age group at the ETU qualifiers at Eton in 1:09 whilst Lizzie Clegg finished 7th in age group in 1:26 and Dave Gill 4th in age group in 1:14; both Dave and Tanya qualify for the European Championships in Sweden!!
– Andy Johnson completes the Enduroman half in 7:06 whilst Mark Doolan withdrew from the double event having completed over 120 miles on the bike
– new member Alex Butterworth was 2nd in age group and 11th female at the Stratford upon Avon sprint
– Lindsey Lyes was 2nd in age group at Outlaw Nottingham 1/2 in 5:08, Steven Rowley 5:16, Sara Carter 6:52 see pictures
– John Longmuir was 10th in age group at Southport standard distance in 2:25
– a great turnout at the 51 fiver standard distance saw Dave Nield win his age group in 2:14, Tom Sawyer 2:26, Scott Booth 2:30, Martin Hobson 2:33, new member Dean Carslake 2:45, Charles Harris 2:48, Phoebe Davies 3:10.
Well done everybody!